My husband had a meeting after work today, so the little warrior and I decided to make the man of the year his favorite treat- Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have experimented with so many cookie recipes but today was a Nestle Toll House kind of day- simple and easy.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
**I didn’t use nuts because I didn’t have any on hand.
Ezekiel helping mommy make cookies…and eating cookies