This is a super quick and easy recipe with minimal ingredients.
- 15 to 20 cups of cooked popcorn
- 1 cup sweet cream salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
*If you do not have brown sugar you can make your own using 1 cup white sugar and 1 tablespoon molasses*
- Make popcorn, salt to taste, and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted add in brown sugar. Stir until combined and then cook on low heat for 5 minutes without stirring. Trust the process.
- Add in baking soda and cook for an additional minute. The baking soda will make the cooked sugar a bit foamy. This will allow the caramel to pour much easier.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir to cover popcorn.
- Lay out on parchment paper to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
*This post contains affiliate links*