I have yet to find a store bought gluten free bread that tastes somewhat normal, has a good texture, and stays good out of the fridge. One of my least favorite parts of not eating gluten is trying to replace delicious bread with grossly textured bread that needs 300 eggs to hold it together. On top of that, a lot of gluten free breads are full of not so great ingredients.
This flatbread has 5 ingredients and is fried on top of the stove like a pancake. You can make it dairy-free, change the flavor by adding different spices, and can even add scallions to make it like a scallion pancake. This recipe is easily doubled.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 cup full fat milk of choice
- salt to tate
- garlic to taste
- Mix dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add in milk.
- Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Get your skillet hot and add a little bit of oil.
- Use 1/4 measuring cup to pour and spread out batter.
- Cook on low to medium heat. When the batter begins to puff, flip the flatbread and allow it to cook slowly on the other side.
Do you have a good gluten free bread substitute? Please comment and let me know!